Saturday, July 12, 2014

Anime Review: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou


So this is first anime review I will be doing. For my first anime review, I will be reviewing Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou also known as The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou is about a first year high school student named Kazunari Usa who wants to live by himself so he moves into the Kawai Complex, a boarding house. At first he did not enjoy living there to due his roommate Shiro being a pervert and masochist and Mayumi Nishikino, a office lady who has bad luck with guys but a girl named Ritsu Kawai who goes to the same school as Usa and his senior who Usa admires lives there so that made him want to stay. There, he gets to know Ritsu along with dealing with the unique residents.

What my opinion about this is that it was very cute. Although this anime is so typical and it doesn't have a unique plot, it was still very interesting. I think what made this nichijou anime very interesting was the unique characters in it. All the characters have very different personalities and are very entertaining. Also, I just couldn't stop wanting to know the progress between Usa and Ritsu's relationship. Though it didn't progress a lot, Ritsu obviously has feelings for Usa but neither of them realizes that they like each other. Also, I think it dealt a lot with Seishun(Youth). Such as love problems between Usa and Ritsu and just having fun.

Next, I want to talk about the characters. Like I said, the characters are very unique and very fun.
Kazunari Usa: He is the typical nice guy that is always there to help and protect the people that he loves. He also has good leadership. For some reason, I love characters like him though he isn't my favorite in the anime.
Ritsu Kawai: She is the quiet girl who loves to read and is the girl that Usa likes. I just found her to be very cute! She reminds me of my cat who is very quiet but can get desperate when she wants to do something.
Mayumi Nishikino:She is a office lady and has bad luck with men. Because of that, she drinks her emotions away, somewhat. I kind of thought that she is a older sister figure for Usa because she always makes fun of him like a older sister would to a younger brother.
Shirosaki: He is Usa's roommate and is a pervert and masochist. He may be those things but can be very kind and is very creative.
Sayaka Watanabe: Is a college student who always bullies Mayumi. Although she looks very girly and nice, she can violent and scary.
Sumiko: Is the manager of the Kawai Complex and is Ritsu's grandfather's sister/great aunt. I found her to be cute but she can have a dark side as well.

Overall, I really liked this anime and I couldn't stop watching it which lead me to finishing it in 2 days. From what I can tell, this anime is not completely over yet and I'm hoping there will be a season 2 soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment